Faronics Data Igloo
Data Retention for Deep Freeze
Data Igloo was created to work with Deep Freeze. Deep Freeze protects a computer and restores it to the original state on reboot. Data Igloo is a utility that allows you to redirect User Profiles, Folders, and Registry Keys to a different location on your computer and retain data even after a reboot when the computer is protected by Deep Freeze.
Data Igloo can also be used independently without installing Deep Freeze. Data Igloo provides an easy way to create NTFS Junction Points and NTFS Symbolic Links using a GUI.
How it Helps
Faronics Data Igloo enables users to seamlessly and efficiently retain user data on machines protected by our system restore software Deep Freeze. Organizations are able to ensure 100% integrity and reliability of machines and provide flexibility to save user settings, files and documents without any negative impact on user experience.
Faronics Data Igloo allows Deep Freeze users to exempt specified data folders, entire user profiles, or even registry keys from being Frozen by redirecting them to a Thawed partition (or ThawSpace), while keeping the operating system partition completely protected.
- Enterprise control – manage all the features via command line scripts as well as Data Igloo interface. This provides granular control for enterprise environments where you are redirecting profiles, folders, registry keys on multiple computers from a central location.
- Simple installation - intuitive and easy to use, Data Igloo allows administrator to redirect data or user profiles in just a few minutes without any training. No need to learn about NTFS junction points or complicated procedure. Data Igloo provides silent install, upgrade and uninstall functionality.
- Easy to use - A simple point and click interface allows users to select the source data, select the target ThawSpace, and move the data. Any future changes or new data will automatically be redirected.
- Seamless user experience - The End User is unaware of any changes as Data Igloo’s redirection of data renders it invisible to the End User. Everything on the workstation looks and functions as before, no user training required!
- Secure workstation - retain vital data across restarts on a Frozen workstation in a Thawed partition. The operating system is still on a Frozen partition and remains fully protected. With Data Igloo user created files, documents, settings, favorites, AV Updates or even entire user profiles are retained across reboots.
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 (SP1) or higher
- Deep Freeze Enterprise or Deep Freeze Standard (6.3 or higher)
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
This is applicable only if you are using Deep Freeze with Data Igloo. Data Igloo can be used independently without installing Deep Freeze.
Faronics Data Igloo enables users to seamlessly and efficiently retain user data on machines protected by Deep Freeze.
Use the complementary Faronics Data Igloo application to retain application data such as new virus definitions updates, scan history, configuration of antivirus and other data on Frozen computer.